Israeli Society of Psychosomatic Obstetrics and Gynecology (ISRAPOG)
ISRAPOG is a voluntary Israeli platform for creating, disseminating and providing informed psychosomatic knowledge and education for all professionals working in the field of obstetrics, gynecology, women's health and reproductive health.
- Promote awareness and dissemination of information among healthcare professionals and the public about interactions between the psychosocial and psychobiological factors affecting women's health and reproductive health.
- Promote the study of bio-psycho-social, ethical and cross-cultural problems in the fields of obstetrics and gynecology, women's health and reproductive health.
- Promote awareness and assimilation of the importance of the bio-psycho-social approach to women's health and reproductive health among all professionals that take care of women such as OB/Gyns, family physicians, midwives and health professionals, psychiatrists, psychologists, social workers and other professions.
- Promote education and training of medical students and physicians in the management of problems in women's health and reproductive health based on the bio-psycho-social approach.
- Encourage and actively participate in establishing medical units for diagnosis, treatment prevention and research in hospitals and women's health community clinics.
- Develop a national level data base and promote interdisciplinary research in this field.
- Maintain close relationships and participation in joint activities with the International Society of Psychosomatic Obstetrics and Gynecology (ISPOG).
- Organizing and participating in scientific conferences, seminars and meetings of interest groups.
- Teaching the psychosomatic approach in continuing medical education and other academic
- Disseminating information through a website and a quarterly newsletter.